- Grasp the bar with a wide grip , the forearms will be vertical
- Position the barbell across the back of shoulders
- Staring at a fixed point may improve balance during the exercise
- Your feet should be no more than shoulder width apart
- Take a long stride backwards, landing on the forefoot.
- Bend the back knee and extend hip.
- Carefully lower the rear knee almost to the floor
- A short lunge will emphasis the quadracepts, however the front knee should not be forward of toes
- A long lunge will emphasis the gluteus-maximus however. Returning to standing may be harder
- Push back hard with the back leg, extending the knee then flexing hip
- Keep the torso vertical throughout the whole exercise
Duration: seconds per repitition